
Comments regarding the Nexus One Launch (as appeared on FastCompany.com)
With an unproven track record for this handset (and subsequent service), we shouldn't be surprised things are slow out of the gate. There's no way this device could have lived up the media hype and "what if's" that were flying around the net. You could follow the collective stream of rumors (HTC Passion, Dragon, HD2, Incredible, Nexus One) on a daily basis. To meet the expectations, Google would have had to hit a grand slam on this launch. If I had to guess, I’d say they probably hit a solid single.
Heck, with double ETF's (carrier and Google) you better be damn sure this thing will perform for the next couple years. My guess is that people are waiting for the early adopters to test market the device and service before jumping in (I know I am). With news of a next gen iPhone around the corner, they’d better get around those bases quickly. In the end, these are smart folks over at Google. My hope is that they do turn this into an eventual game changer... If they don't someone else surely will.
No comments:
Post a Comment